Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pushing Past Your Limits

Happy Sunday!!!

It's Sunday and I LOVE my Sundays!!  Just wanted to do a brief share before I hit the yard for some family time before the end of Summer.

Recently I started a new program called Insanity: Max 30.  It's teaching me a lot about a lot of things.  It's teaching me about life and pushing past limits.  Each day, when I've pushed play (I'm 4 days in), I've thought to myself, "If I can make it to 7 minutes without maxing out, I'd be really happy."  Can you guess where I was making it to without maxing out?

Today, I changed my thought process.  I thought to myself, "I want to see how far I can go."  Today, I maxed out at 10 minutes and 39 seconds.  It was a really hard workout but I love pushing  my limits in fitness and in life.  Last time I tried this program, I let excuses get into my head and I stopped and went to another program.  I'm not going to let this happen.

Do you ever find yourself thinking that you want to get to a certain point, and then you get there, feel satisfied, and stop.  What if you just kept going?  How different would your life be?  I challenge you to spend the next 7 days just going for it... whether it be fitness, or financial, or cooking for your family for a week.  LOL, it may seem silly but just pick any goal and just go for it.  Get out of your own way.

A side effect of a really hard work out is being SO HUNGRY!!  LOL  But we've got food plans to stick to!!  When I'm so hungry and I know it's because I worked hard during my workout, I feed my body.  I don't just give it water and hope for it to go away.  I trust my body is telling me something and I listen.

I have two favorite go-to's...  of course, you know I'm going to say my first one is Shakeology.  It really satisfies my hunger and sweet tooth and it's so healthy but sometimes I'm in the mood to chew on something lol.

My favorite snack when I need to chew on something is just plain old, raw Cauliflower with Hummus.

CAULIFLOWER

INGREDIENTS

Head of Cauliflower
Hummus (pick any brand and any flavor but my Favorite is any organic with kalamata olives)

DIRECTIONS

1.  Cut up the Cauliflower.  A head of it usually makes 3 servings for me.
2.  Put Hummus in a container!!!  This stuff is addicting to me so I always use my container.  I usually use about a half a blue for 1 sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment